Sunday, December 13, 2009

A fake

I was not born pessimist
I just tried not to be foolish in optimism
away I stayed from nature
turned my back to the earthly feelings
everything that tied me
chained me to the ground was immaterial
relations had no meaning
love and life just four-letter words
I swam across the ocean
swaying away,
further away
each day
And then when I stood
In front of those swinging and blazing doors
some shiny glittering light splashed on me
and when it was time to go
I realised all these years
I have been just a fake

6 comments:

Blessed said...

intense and heartfelt...

Tongue Trip said...

heavyhearted retrospection and the dreadful end of it...a self confession and the unburdening.

A Cuban In London said...

What a realisation. But then, again, if it's your truth, then why not be honest? I see more optimism in revealing that truth, even if it hurts, than in keeping it under wraps. Many thanks for that beautiful poem.

Greetings from London.

Chhaya said...

are u sure we are not related in some way? :)

m saying this cz something u said here, i have read only once before. and it was written by me. Life and Love, four letter words.

read this at my blog (sorry for leaving a link, but wanted u to read this)

http://shadowy-dreams.blogspot.com/2009/06/part-ii-fact-fiction.html


needless to say.. loved this...

itsyvitsy said...

The realization dawned too late, nevertheless it did dawn. But then there is no time to regret or correct, because on judgment day no masks can hide you. A very deep thought has been conveyed here, something every one much understand and try not to live a life wearing masks, faking every thing. Really nice lines.

Sujoy Bhattacharjee said...

Great work Anorak, one of your best.
Liked it thoroughly, the perfect use of words to depict the disassociation
"I swam across the ocean
swaying away,
further away
each day"
And finally the strong ending.
Really good.

Emotional Saina takes CWG gold, a title to heal Rio Olympics pain

Looking up at the sky, Saina Nehwal let out a scream after grabbing the coveted gold, eight years after she had become the toast of the ...