Tuesday, March 22, 2016

1.
This slavery is shrinking the sky,
Soon I would be able to measure it,
with a tape or on my fingers.
Stars too will become countable,
like these coins in my pocket.
When the evenings smudge in the glass houses,
we too will melt away slowly
First the words will fade,
then our senses-love and forgiveness
Only hate will remain and
fear.


2.
This bubble will burst,
Sooner than I can possibly decipher,
and then when I fall,
free-falling like the rain,
for an eternity,
weightless and worthless,
into this empty pit of self consciousness,
bottomless into the core.
Will you give me a hand?
Will you pull me away?

No comments:

Emotional Saina takes CWG gold, a title to heal Rio Olympics pain

Looking up at the sky, Saina Nehwal let out a scream after grabbing the coveted gold, eight years after she had become the toast of the ...